Books for Review
Reader Vacation will ONLY consider books from the following genres:
- Mystery (Cozy Mysteries included)
- Young Adult
- Children & Juvenile Fiction
- Graphic Novels (J and YA only)
I reserve the right to refuse to write a review even after I receive a review copy. I will always write an honest review and acknowledge if a book was given to me by a publisher or author.
If your book is chosen for review you will be notified via email in 1-2 days after your request. I will accept hardbacks, paperbacks and some ebooks (epub or pdf). I DO NOT host giveaways or blog tours. I DO NOT read romance, self help or science fiction. Requests for these books will be ignored.
If your book is accepted for review expect a review in 1-2 weeks from acceptance date. Picture Books are usually reviewed 2 days after receiving request. If you would like me to wait to publish your review until publication date please note that in your request. All my reviews are posted on the following sites:
HOW TO FORMAT YOUR REVIEW REQUEST:
Include the following in your email for BOOK REVIEWS:
- SUBJECT LINE: Request for Book Review Author and Title
- IN THE EMAIL: author name and title, summary of the novel or a sample chapter, date of publication (especially if it is in the future)
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE SUBMITTING:
Please keep the following in mind before submitting your request for a book review:
- I need at least one-two weeks to read your book so please plan accordingly
- I will email you when the review is complete and posted
HOW I DETERMINE A “GOOD” BOOK:
- Character development– Characters who are well rounded and complex, a balance between explicit and implicit characterization,
- Voice – includes the POV of your novel as well as the language you chose to use to convey your story. I am not opposed to traditional first person POV but I also appreciate attempts at interesting POVs. What I mainly look for in this category is consistency and clarity with your chosen POV
- General style – the overall feeling of the book. Did you hook me from the first line?